FrSky has combined the popular FrSky receiver technology with a super stable 3-axis system for fixed-wing aircraft. The S8R is based on the STM32 platform, with both receiver and flight control functions. The S8R includes a three-axis gyroscope and three-axis accelerometer sensor module, with settings that are programmable via FrSky radios or the PC configuration tool (with FrSky STK).
For conventional Fixed Wing and Glider Models it will support stabilization, automatic level, hover and Knife-edge flight modes, for Delta Wings or flying wings and V-tail models it supports stabilization and automatic level flight modes. You can edit the type of model and manipulate all these features via the S8R.Config or S8R.lua. The S8R can also be used as a standard 8 channel X series receiver if it is required.
Tip: Use the S8R with 3-axis stabilization as a slave receiver with the RB-10 to give you that extra peace of mind by buying you precious time to bring your model home.
- Built-in RSSI PWM output(0-3.3V)
- Built-in battery voltage detection
- Built-in 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer sensor module
- Smart Port enabled
- SBUS Port enabled
- Compatibility FrSky Taranis X9D Plus/X9E/X7/Horus X12S/XJT in D16 mode
- Firmware Upgradable Firmware Upgradeable
- Dimension 46.47×26.78×14.12 mm (L×W×H)
- Weight 14g
- Operating Range Full range
- Operating Voltage Range 4.0-10V
- Operating Current 120mA@5V
- Number of Channels 8/16CH (1-8ch from conventional channel outputs, 1-16ch from SBUS output)
- RSSI（Y/N） With RSSI PWM output on board: PWM voltage output(0-3.3V), 100Hz, 1500±500us
- Measurement Range Gyroscope Measurement Range: ±2000dps
- Accelerometer Measurement Range: ±4g
Replacement antennas FrSky Receiver Antenna 15 cm - IPEX Connector
Works great, used it on edf jet, no problems. Use knob on radio to change stabilisation if required while flying.